Everyone’s taking notice of a rich guy who’s apparently trying to single-handedly save the nightlife industry and give leggy models everywhere something to do. His name is Taek Jho Low, a 20-something Wharton grad who loves Cristal.
Not much is known about the baby-faced Malaysian, but tales of his largess are swirling about and frequently as he has been dropping tens of thousands of dollars at hot spots around the city. Here’s what we know:
Name: Take Jho Low
Occupation: Officially he is an adviser to some international corporations, but no one knows what that means or seems to believe that is the truth. People say he’s involved in oil, gas, and construction. He and was appointed to the board of Malaysian bank UBG Berhad last year. It’s rumored that he’s an arms dealer.
Residence: Rents several apartments in the Park Imperial on West 57th St in midtown that house him and his staff—including several body guards. Famous neighbors include Daniel Craig and Sean Combs.
Motorcade: Travels about town with his entourage in a fleet of Escalades.
- Spent $160,000 in one night at Avenue this September during Fashion Week.
- Routinely spends between $50,000 and $60,000 at .
- Bought Lindsay Lohan 23 bottles of Cristal at 1OAK when she was celebrating her 23rd birthday.
- Just celebrated his 28th year starting last Wednesday with a four-day bash at Ceasar’s Palace in Las Vegas.
- Megan Fox was flown out to Vegas to hang out with the birthday boy, who routinely surrounds himself with models.
- The hotel pool was surrounded by caged lions and tigers and filled with girls in bikinis. Later, at a nightclub, Low bought 120 bottles of Cristal for the revelers.
- Jamie Foxx gave him a red sports car for a present.
- Paris Hilton and Usher also attended the party.